Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

6/8/08

Before & After: Orzo Salad

Friday night I worked at Sur La Table’s Greek class. One of the recipes was an orzo salad with snow peas, dill and scallions. During the class I suggested adding lemon juice and lemon zest to the salad to brighten up the flavors: my suggestion was accepted!


Yesterday I updated the above recipe with sliced spicy green olives, thinly sliced red pepper and fresh watercress. You tell me which one you like better!


Note: I used the ingredients I had on hand. Some of the other additions could have been feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, zucchini and of course, my favorite, tomatoes.

This just shows that cooking is about using your imagination and what you have on hand! Don’t be afraid to improvise: unless you are baking, you don’t have to follow a recipe to a t.

0 comments: