Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

6/18/08

Chicken in Indian Marinade

I don't buy whole chickens or chicken thighs or legs (to my mom's disappointment). I really only buy chicken breasts. This week, split chicken breasts (with skin and bones) were on sale. I bought them and decided to try out an Indian-styled marinade.

Marinade: yogurt, curry powder, sliced white onion, minced garlic, minced jalapeno pepper, salt & pepper

Directions: remove the skin from the chicken and marinade for a day in the refrigerator. Heat oil in a pan and cook chicken breasts (void of any marinade) for 5 minutes on the first side (boneless) and 3 minutes on the second side. Bake chicken breasts in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes (time varies on the size of your chicken: use the thermometer to make sure the temperature reaches 165). Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.

Note: discard any remaining marinade!!! (This was really hard b/c it looked and smelled amazing.)

marinade

seared on both sides and ready for the oven

the final product

What can I say? I'm pretty impressed with myself. The chicken turned out super juicy, flavorful and it looks pretty darn good too!

2 comments:

Sweet said...

this looks awesome . . . i am addicted to your blog! everything is fun and easy and that helps a busy mom like me.

Anavar said...

Great twist on the chicken. I made this yesterday, it was awesome.

Ana