Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

6/30/08

Watermelon Salad

After another day of touring DC with Misha: I was hot, tired and thirsty. Watermelon salad sounded great, and I was looking forward to finally trying the purple ruffle basil plant I bought recently.

Salad: watermelon, feta, basil, olive oil, and pepper!

Unfortunately, the basil plant had some little white bugs underneath the leaves, and I was not about to eat that! Instead, I used cilantro: delicious!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favourite summer salads - so refreshing & all it needs is a crusty baguette et voila!!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. That's my lunch for tomorrow! :-)
Hey, you're visiting NY without sayin' Hi to the zen-man? I'm mad! :-)

Anonymous said...

Watermellon and Feta?
I never would have put the two together.... but i just might have to try it...

Olga said...

Kelly, definitely give it a try: the combination is awesome: you can also add tomatoes (but they have to be super ripe) or even beets!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Yummy.

We've never tried it with cilantro, but have done it with olives for a more "Mediterrean" feel.

Just wandering around your blog and enjoying it very much.