Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

7/24/08

Simple dinner: chicken & salad

Last night after work I went grocery shopping to make dried cherries and orange scones. I then made those scones. But that's not really a dinner food, is it?

Anna and I were going dancing, so dinner had to be quick. I had two bone-in chicken breasts in the fridge. Here's what I did:

1) juice a lemon
2) slice a few cloves of garlic (I used Purple Mexican Garlic I found in the store, but the taste is pretty much the same as your "normal garlic")
3) season chicken with salt & pepper on both sides
4) have a few teaspoons of capers ready to go


5) cook chicken breasts in a "stick" pan for 5 minutes on each side in oil (I used Canola). Add the garlic and let it cook for a few minutes.

6) Add the capers, lemon juice, and put the entire pan into the 375F oven for 15 minutes

7) Remove the pan from the oven. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add a tablespoon of butter, a few splashes of white wine and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the sauce forms.

8) I served the chicken with chickpea/tomato/cucumber/red onion salad with lemon juice/olive oil/red wine vinegar dressing.

Thoughts: this must be one of the easiest and most satisfying ways of cooking chicken breasts. The meat comes out juicy, and the whole dish takes less than 30 minutes: take that, Rachel Ray! :) The lemon juice mixes well with capers and the garlic, and the butter adds a bit of a sweetness to balance off the flavors.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally delic!!! The chicken was awesome.

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog today and decided to try out this recipe for dinner. It was fantastic, thanks! :)

Olga said...

Hi, Cointrin! I'm so glad you tried the "recipe" and liked it :) I think you are the first one to report back!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon Foodgawker, where I found your recipe. Can't wait to try it out. Running to the store for capers. Thanks!