Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

8/17/08

Cherry Tomato-Studded Jalapeno Corn Muffins

This is my submission to Root Source Challenge: Cherry Tomatoes.

Originally, I was going to make a cornbread strata with cherry tomatoes, cheese and jalapeno peppers. But then I ended up spending most of the weekend watching Nip/Tuck and had to make a few adjustments.

I ended up making cornbread muffins (using Jiffy mix) with quartered cherry tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cheddar cheese and freshly ground pepper. The result is adorable :)

Cherry Tomato-Studded Jalapeno Corn Muffins (name courtesy of Anna)

Ingredients

1 Jiffy mix
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk
3/4 cups of quartered Cherry tomatoes
3/4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
fresh ground pepper

Directions

1) preheat the oven to 400F
2) combine all ingredients together and let stand for 5 minutes
3) fill oiled muffin cups with the conrbread mixture
4) bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
5) remove the cornbread muffins from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, remove from the pan and serve with some butter

10 comments:

Unknown said...

no corn kernels inside?! :(
i would rename "cherry tomato-studded jalapeno corn muffins

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

I love these corn muffins! With jalapenos and tomatoes, I'll be gobbling these up.

BlueToYou said...

this looks great! what would you serve with? also agree with Anna, no corn inside?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Give me some chili and these cornbread muffins and that would make a wonderful meal! They look scrumptious.

tigerfish said...

Tomato muffins? That's awesome! Love savory bakes!

Cindy said...

Mmmm, thanks for sharing! Quite yummy, although I'm not tasting the jalapeno at all (which is a good thing from my point of view, but probably not most people) Corn is always a great addition too, but I'm not sure they would have held together with any more add-ins.

vanillasugarblog said...

Boy those look yummy. I never thought to put cherry tomatoes in there. Why not right?

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've heard of cherry tomatoes in muffins ... great idea! They look so fluffy! :)

Pam said...

These muffins look so good... I love the addition of cherry tomatoes. Fantastic picture too.

Anonymous said...

We would like to feature your corn muffin recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
blog.keyingredient.com/