Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

8/21/08

Mini Fritatas with Potatoes, Broccoli & Cheese

Thursday is my dancing night. After a quick trip to the library, I only had a little bit of time to make dinner. Good thing I already had an idea of what I was going to make: Mini Fritatas with Potatoes, Broccoli and Cheese.


Ingredients
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 onion, cubed
1 garlic clove, sliced
a few pinches of red pepper flakes
2 handfuls of broccoli florettes, cut into small pieces
6 medium eggs (or 4 large)
a splash of milk
cooking spray
a few slices of thinly cut oven roasted turkey breast (optional)
1/2 cup of shredded cheese

Directions
1) preheat the oven to 380F
2) heat oil in a pan, add potatoes and cook until they are golden brown
3) add onions and garlic to the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and add a few pinches of red pepper flakes
4) cook the vegetables till they are tender (undercooked potatoes are horrible)
Note: to help potatoes cook quicker, add a few tablespoons of water, cover the pot and let the vegetables steam
5) add a few handfuls of broccoli and cook a few more minutes
6) whisk the eggs and milk together (I did not have milk and used fat free half & half instead)
7) spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, add vegetable mixture and top with some of the egg mixture
Optional: first "line" the muffin tins with thinly sliced turkey breast (or ham) and then add the vegetables, followed by the egg mixture
8) bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until the eggs are nearly set
9) top with shredded cheese and put the muffin tin under the broiler for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling
10) serve immediately (makes 7 muffins)

Variations
You can obviously add or subtract any of the vegetables, choose the cheese you like and add protein in form of chicken or shrimp. Have fun!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!! I wish I can bake like that ;)

Unknown said...

these are so adorable! wrap them up in bacon :)

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

These are so cute! I think I'm going to love these savoury morsels.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea & speedy supper. I think this will go on my list!

BlueToYou said...

this looks totally good.

Deborah said...

I love frittatas, and anything mini is good in my opinion!!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

Those look so great especially since i am sitting with Coffee thinking how awsome that would be with the cup of Joe - This will be great for the next brunch gathering!!

judyfoodie said...

mmmm that looks yum :)

Alejandra Ramos said...

Oh my gosh! This looks so good and so cute. I love the little basket idea.

Anonymous said...

These look amazing! Just as good as the ones at Bonsignour in the West Village (which I used to eat every day on my way to work). Very versatile dish!

Anonymous said...

Love the cute size of these! They look too tasty.

sj said...

Love these... especially with the turkey or ham! Brilliant idea :)

(that was me the deleted the comment, darn typos!)

Monica H said...

I just made these for my husband and we loved them!

Thanks :-)

Allison said...

I just found this recipe (and your blog)and I'm making these for my sister in laws baby shower,these will be perfect!!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog! These went into my Christmas file for Christmas brunch. I am always looking for new ways to create fast but wonderful dishes for my family on Christmas.