Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

9/3/08

Avocado Salad for One

I'm back from Montreal, and it is time to start cooking after 4 days of eating out (look out for Montreal posts tomorrow). After work I stopped at the store and decided I should treat myself to an avocado (I know, I live large!). Here's an avocado salad I came up with:


Ingredients:
1/2 avocado, cubed
1/2 garlic clove, Microplane-d
2 teaspoons red onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
1/2 hatch pepper, finely chopped
juice of 1/2 lime
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:

1. Cut an avocado in half, scoop out half of an avocado and cut it in cubes
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients together with an avocado in a bowl
3. Place the salad back into the avocado shell
4. Enjoy with tortilla chips

3 comments:

BlueToYou said...

mmm that looks really easy and tasty for dinner.

Kate said...

I smiled at this, as I also like to treat myself to an avocado every once in awhile! :o) I will tonight, and have this for dinner!

Anonymous said...

I love avocado! This looks good!

Paz