Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

9/28/08

Exercise your brain to make a salad

Remember a while ago I wrote about a mandoline that Cindy gave me? I finally decided to figure out how to use it, and at the same time use the ingredients I had in my refrigerator to make a salad.

Red cabbage salad with red pepper, carrots, onions and arugula

Ingredients
1/2 red cabbage thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, minced
1 small bunch arugula, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 tablespoon walnut oil
1 tablespoon vinegar


Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and serve.

P.S. "exercise our brain" refers to using my brain cells to learn something new: how to use a mandoline.

4 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

Wow, so pretty and colorful! I love red cabbage and it looks gorgeous in this salad. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Wow! this must be just bursting with vitamins...we are told to eat a rainbow of vegetables. This really looks crunchy fab!

sj said...

Beautiful salad. I'll bet it's delicious as well. Nice job :)

Jen said...

I've got to wonder why the magnificent chef in you only came out AFTER i left the area?!