Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

9/4/08

I conquered pork!!!!

In March, Washington Post's column Chef on Call answered my plea and invited Nathalie Dupree to give me a private lesson in how not to kill pork (while cooking it).

I must be honest and report that I haven't followed on my lesson until today. I bought pork tenderloin, and decided to give cooking pork another chance.

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
salt & pepper
olive oil
a few splashes of white wine

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425
2. Make slits in the pork tenderloin and "stuff" them with garlic slices
3. Season the pork with salt and pepper
4. In an oven safe pan heat olive oil and sear the pork for about 3 minutes on each side

5. Add a few splashes of white wine to the pan and put the pan in the oven for about 10 minutes until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 140
6. Remove the pork from the oven and let it stand for about 5 minutes before slicing

Thoughts: this was definitely a success! The pork came out just pink in the middle, and well flavored just with the few ingredients.

5 comments:

Jen said...

FINALLY! So proud of you! And the pork looks delicious :)

Anonymous said...

Well done Olga, how exciting & geat cooking!

Simply Marilla said...

That looks so good, I always end up over cooking pork. I am going to try this recipe next time.

BlueToYou said...

YAYAY! I knew you could do it. Looks SUPER yummy.

Unknown said...

it's good to have a CIA-student sister on call, eh? :)