Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

9/29/08

Rosh Hashanah....Sort of

Last night I had a dentist appointment, and did not get home till almost 6 pm. However, I still felt like I should eat something with apples and honey to signify a sweet New Year (Rosh Hashanah). Sadly, I did not have too much time to cook, and also my tongue was cut, and I could not eat anything too elaborate. I decided to make Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup.

This is not really a recipe, but will give you an idea how to replicate this soup. In a blender combine roasted butternut squash, apple juice, vegetable stock, roasted garlic, salt & pepper, and a bit of honey.


Heat the soup in a pot and feel free to add cream or milk. I had some coconut milk left from last week and used that: added a nice creaminess.

Serve the soup in a bowl garnished with a slice of Granny Smith apple.

Unfortunately, I had to let the soup cool and drink it through a straw, because it was really bothering the cut on my tongue.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I then saw a mouse!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor you! Well done for even cooking this though & I love the garnish!!

Cindy said...

Ooh, nice use of the mandolin on that apple garnish!!

Anonymous said...

Love the garnish...this looks like a definite keeper!
Hope you're feeling better.