Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

10/9/08

Extra Special Jerusalem Salad

It is very rare that I follow a recipe. More often than not I make up my own combination of foods, or use someone else's recipe as an inspiration.

Today, as I was entering different recipes into Cookthink's database for my internship, I ran across Jerusalem Salad posted by VeganYumYum. I knew right away that is what I was going to make for dinner.

Of course I had to make a few adjustments: I added chickpeas to the cucumber and tomato salad, and seasoned with red pepper flakes. Delicious.

Basically, all it is is a combination of cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas, red pepper flakes and parsley with tahini dressing. I used the recipe on VeganYumYum to make the dressing--whisk together the following ingredients:

1/4 Cup Tahini (paste)
1/4 Cup Water
2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt

I got together with Jenn for a quick picnic outside before we studied for GRE. I provided the salad, pita and juice, Jenn brought chicken salad and carrots: what a great idea!

9 comments:

Pam said...

It looks light and delicious. I really love the colors.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pam & the tahini will add a wonderful flavour too.

sj said...

oh does that look good... you'd better watch it Miss, I'm about to come over for dinner! I LOVE your recipes.

:)

BlueToYou said...

that looks totally good....nice for a late summer, early fall picnic :)

Unknown said...

It is screaming for some falaffel balls!

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing. So healthy and simple...and I have all the ingredients in my pantry to make it tonight! Thank you.

test it comm said...

This salad looks good! I like the use of the Tahini.

Camille said...

Fantastic! I could live on this salad.

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing. I imagine it to be BRIGHT and light...awesome photos!!!