Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

10/21/08

Perfect dinner for two Jewish girls: PORK :)

Tonight for dinner I made pork tenderloin marinated in mustard, thyme and garlic and roasted with red onions. Yes, I don't keep Kosher :)

Ingredients
10 branches of thyme, leaves removed
2 garlic cloves, microplane-d
2 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pork tenderloin
2 red onions, cut in half and sliced thickly

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.

2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add pork tenderloin, cover and marinade for several hours.


3. Heat an oven-proof pan, add a bit of oil. Add the pork tenderloin to the pan and sear it for a few minutes on all 4 "sides." Add the onions to the pan while searing the pork.

4. Once the pork is seared, put it in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135 (this is according to Anna. I had the pork in the oven till the temperature was 150, and it still was pink and juicy!).

5. Let the pork rest for about 10 minutes before cutting, and serve with roasted root vegetables.

P.S. have I mentioned how much I hate that it gets dark at 6 pm??? It makes it so hard to take nice pictures...the last one turned out horrendous.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good, I like pork a lot but don't cook it that often as I don't always know what to do with it. This looks great.

sj said...

Looks delicious Olga :)

btw: I have something for you on my blog, please come by when you have a chance :) thanks!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

WOW that is a dish - Looks amazing and oh so tasty!!!

Anonymous said...

it does get dark ridiculously fast anymore, but my camera sucks and doesn't take good pictures in the first place haha this tenderloin looks really good. im positive i would've eaten all of this before i stopped eating meat.

Heather said...

yum :) this looks tasty! i love pork... kosher or not :)

Vorlaufer Von Rottotiller said...

Pork Loin...my favorite...I will try this one!
Aaron

Ellie Barczak said...

pork tenderloin...maybe my favorite week night dinner.

Anonymous said...

I bet the pork tenderloin tasted amazing with that marinade :). I would love to include your recipe in our pre-loaded Demy, the first and only digital recipe reader. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if you're interested.

Maggie said...

Yum! The pork sounds great. I hate the early evenings and the fact that it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Anonymous said...

feed those jewish girls some REAL kosher food. Those poor, poor dears.