Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

10/21/08

Russian Tuna Salad

Yesterday I seriously felt like I was going to pass out/faint on the way home from work. I came home, slept for an hour, and still felt weak....alas, had to stay at home instead of going dancing. You know if I skipped dancing it means I really wasn't feeling well :(

Today I decided to stay home, get some rest in hope that I'll start feeling better. Not sure how well it worked, but it did give me a chance to make something for lunch that I've been meaning to make for a while: Russian Tuna Salad.

Russian Tuna Salad

Ingredients
1 can of tuna, drained
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
1 cup cooked white rice
1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
mayonnaise, to taste
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Refrigerate for at least 3o minutes before serving.
3. Feel free to add pickles, celery, cucumbers, dill, parsley or any other ingredients. The key to this salad is the combination of rice, tuna, eggs and mayo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey take care of yourself Olga. Don't faint on us. :-)
You must be working too much. I looove that salad, you just reminded me we make a similar version in France too, but I haven't had it in ages. I think it's time now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, take it easy...great comfort food though!

test it comm said...

That tuna salad looks tasty!

Anonymous said...

I make something similar with the tuna cans in my pantry. Didn't expect the rice, though. Interesting addition.

Giulia Jones said...

that looks amazing! I'm always looking for new tuna recipes. Need to try ASAP