Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

10/5/08

Semi-homemade Matzo Ball Soup

I feel like it has been forever since I posted something. I guess I've been eating out too many times lately and not cooking at home. Yesterday I decided to make matzo ball soup.

Instead of using the packaged mix to make the broth, I used bones from roasted turkey breast I had last week. I made the broth seasoned with onions, peppercorns and a bay leaf. I then made matzo balls from a mix.

When it was time to add matzo balls to the boiling broth, I also added two carrots sliced into 1/8 inch. Once everything has been simmering (covered!) for fifteen minutes, I added a cup of defrosted peas. Five minutes later, lunch was done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a superb lunch!

BlueToYou said...

yummm....i like to add baby food carrots and dill to mine :)

Anonymous said...

I've never had peas in chicken matzo ball soup, sounds interesting. We like dill, tomatoes, carrots and leek in ours.