Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

11/12/08

Green Potato Salad With Pesto

Yesterday I had a day off from work and decided it will be a good idea to do a bit of cooking. I had some red potatoes, frozen peas and frozen beans which I turned into Green Potato Salad With Pesto.

Ingredients
6 red potatoes, cubed
16 ounces frozen green and yellow beans
8 ounces frozen peas
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
prepared pesto, to taste

Directions
1. In a big pot of salted water cook potatoes until almost tender.
2. Add frozen peas and beans to the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Drain the vegetables, combine with red onion and pesto.
4. Serve warm.

Variations: Feel free to use fresh peas and beans, depending on the season. Anna also added mustard to her salad. Boiled eggs will go well in this salad too. I'm having leftovers for lunch as I type this (cold).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How delightfully simple - my husband always loves to take leftovers like these for lunch...better than a sandwich from the local store!