Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

12/14/08

Brunch at Alero with Friends

This past Saturday Anna and I met up with my friends Jason, Theresa, Adrienne and Wendy for brunch at Alero. I love Mexican food, and was looking forward to trying this restaurant, especially since Cindy has sang it high praises.

The decor was quite festive, but not kitchy (sp?). And of course I was happy when our waiter brought a few baskets of chips and a few bowls of salsa for the table! I just wish the chips would have been warm.



The menu had your typical Mexican brunch items, but what caught my attention were the $3.25 mimosas! How could I pass that by? We ordered mimosas and coffee and were happy with both.



We all chose something different (other than Anna and me) for our entrees. I ordered Fajita Maria with beef, and it was spot on! The meat was tender, juicy and flavorful. The rest of the plate wasn't overwhelmed by the cheese and grease (as is typical of many Mexican restaurants). The only thing missing was the guacamole (I guess you had to order that extra) and the potatoes...the menu said the potatoes came along with the entree, but they were nowhere to be found. Oh well, the food was good, the company was fun, and everyone had a great time!



And then there was time to go shopping!

0 comments: