Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

1/22/09

First Breakfast in Savannah


Bright and early (okay, closer to 9 am) on Sunday morning Paige and I made our way to Clary's for breakfast. I first learned of this place in the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil book that I started reading once I booked my tickets to Savannah (I have 10 pages left!). I also saw a few people recommending Clary's on line.

Luckily, we only had to wait about 10 minutes before being seated: we were hungry. Everyone in the cafe was super nice and friendly. The menu was quite extensive, but I knew I wanted something Southern. I started with coffee, while Paige sipped on her Diet Coke.






I decided to order Hoppel Poppel: just the name on its own sounded like fun. I've also never tried Kosher Salami. I wonder if they cook with Kosher Salami because of the proximity of Congregation Mickve Israel, which Paige and I eventually found. Paige had biscuits with gravy and two eggs.



I really liked my meal...and for the price, it was superb! This is really a very casual, low-key place. No need to wear your Sunday best. For dinner, however, we dressed up :)

4 comments:

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

Seriously - This is what you post first thing in the am when I am starving!! Ha your killing me.. Can you hear my tummy growling... Looks incredible. Savannah is a place that I have always wanted to visit and after seeing your posts the last couple days it is moving much higher on the list!!

Anonymous said...

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is a great book! The movie isn't quite as good but it's still fun to watch.

The breakfast looks quite tasty.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've wanted to visit Savannah ever since reading that book! Sounds like a great breakfast!

BlueToYou said...

olga's breakfast ended up being way better than mine. my eggs were a little too runny and the gravy wasn't very flavorful. but the biscuits were superb. but if i ever go back i want to try lunch there, plus they had amazing look desserts.