Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

1/22/09

Gnocchi with Pesto

So I came home tonight after work, and my initial plan was to have pancakes for dinner. But then I changed my mind: I do that quite often.

I decided to use up some of the frozen gnocchi that I put away after making them when Anna was still here. Alas, I had no tomato sauce...what to do?

I decided to make pesto. Of course, I had no basil. And of course I did not feel like going to the store. And after being on vacation in Savannah for 4 days, my fridge was rather empty...but I'm a resourceful girl.

Poor Girl's Pesto
In a food processor puree parsley and cilantro with walnuts, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. You are done.

I used bits and pieces of cilantro and parsley I had from testing some of Robyn's recipes. The final product was pretty good!

I boiled the frozen gnocchi for about 5 minutes, mixed them with pesto and added a bit of shredded mozzarella on top: dinner served.

P.S. the plate is the one my mom gave me when I graduated from High School: love the blue and yellow colors.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the improv pesto! I'll bet it was great! :D

+Jessie
a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

Dewi said...

Oh ho... delicious. My family adore pesto!
Cheers,
Elra

Anonymous said...

Yum - I love the citrusy flavour of coriander (cilantro) & think the plate is gorgeous. I am an avid ceramics collector and love scouring the antique stores.

pigpigscorner said...

Looks delicious! I love pesto with pasta!

Shelby said...

Looks great! I'm heading back to look at your gnocchi again...I have been thinking about trying this myself lately.

BlueToYou said...

nice idea, making your own pesto :)