Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

1/24/09

Pomegranate Sorbet

A while ago, I received 8 bottles of pomegranate juice from PomBlogger. So far, however, I just used the juice to flavor my water.

Today, I decided to do something slightly more elaborate: Pomegranate Sorbet!

Ingredients
8 ounces pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1-2 tablespoons rum (thanks, Anna)

Directions
1. Combine all 3 ingredients together.
2. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and put into the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Every 30 minutes use a fork to "rake" the mixture until it reaches sorbet consistency (mine took about 2 hours).
4. Serve in a little dish or in a glass.

Check back next week to see what else I did with this sorbet :)




Of course if you are serving this dessert to children, leave out the rum! You can make the same dessert with any other juice you like. Imagine how pretty it would be to put pomegranate sorbet in the same bowl as orange one!

18 comments:

Dewi said...

I drink pomegranate juice instead of orange juice, I just like the taste better. Olga, your sorbet sounds superb.
Cheers,
Elra

Anonymous said...

Oh oh! This looks so good (and easy)! Love, love, love pomegranate juice!

+Jessie
a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

veggie belly said...

That looks beautiful! I bet it tasted great too! I have some pomegranate syrup, maybe I can dilute it and try this recipe..

La Table De Nana said...

I just bought little ICE shooter glasses.You freeze them..this would be so good in them.Your timing is perfect!

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

OMG Sooooo colorful and pure....just Heavenly :) Ready to make it Olga!!

Anonymous said...

pomegranate juice is so popular right now and this looks such a tasty way of serving - colourful too!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Yum! I will bookmark this and make it when it warms up outside!

pigpigscorner said...

Looks delicious! and with rum...yummy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love pomegranate juice and have never thought to do a sorbet.

I often using vodka in my sorbets so they don't freeze to hard. Rum sounds like it work well.

Anonymous said...

Truly lovely looking!

BlueToYou said...

I love the color! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog!! Your eating adventures seem like so much fun I just want to keep coming back to see what I'm missing out on. :) thanks for such a fun blog!

Anonymous said...

Yummy yum! that looks delicious!

Jennifer said...

Saw you made it on Tastespotting! congrats!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Keep the rum in for me ;)
Maryann
findingladolcevita@gmail.com

Andrea said...

Oh that looks so good, and so refreshing even if it is freezing here. I probably wouldn't even need a freezer to make this! I have some pom waiting to get used up as well. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

I should be more creative as you are in the kitchen...love this!

Anonymous said...

Hey I want a sample, too. No one ever sends me stuff :(