Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

2/3/09

Dinner with the Girls at Good Stuff Eatery

Last Friday night some of my girl friends and I decided to check out Good Stuff Eatery, a burger restaurant in DC run by Top Chef contestant Spike.

It was a chilly and windy night, and the walk from Union Station to Good Stuff seemed to take forever, but it was worth it. As soon as we stepped into the restaurant, we began to warm up.

I absolutely loved the decor: white washed floor, stainless steel counters, flat screen TVs and pops of red color.

The menu was just long enough for us to stand there deciding what we should order, but not too long to make us feel entirely indecisive. I wish, however, that they would offer "meal deals": like a combination of a burger, fries and a drink. Spike, think about it!!! :)

I ended up ordering Colletti's Smokehouse (Applewood Bacon, Sharp Vermont Cheddar & Fried Vidalia Onion Rings with Chipotle BBQ Sauce) and a small order (Snack Fry) of Spike's Village Fries (Fries Topped with Fresh Thyme, Rosemary & Cracked Pepper).



After placing orders downstairs, and getting our food (placed into a paper bag), we were able to pick up a few condiments: they had a mayonnaise bar! I should have written down all the different flavors because the only two I remember are mango mayonnaise and chipotle mayonnaise. LOVED THEM!

While waiting for the food, we were chatted up by a nice older man. We think it might have been Spike's dad! He told us about Top Chef viewing parties on Wednesdays and wished us a good dinner.

We then headed upstairs. Showing up at 6 for dinner was a great idea because it soon was packed!



I really liked the herb fries, especially dipped into flavored mayonnaise. The burger was juicy and flavorful, but the bottom bun seemed on a thin side, and the top one was somewhat squished. Laura and Anna S ordered milk shakes, which were amazing. Poor girls could not finish them by themselves, so the rest of us were happy to help them out.

Overall, this was a great dinner! The company was very fun, the atmosphere was casual and festive. The food was good. I think it might be a bit overpriced for a burger, and I'm not planning on running back there (not that I run) any time this or next week, but I would definitely go back.

If you live in DC area, check this place out!

7 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

Now I wish I live in the DC area..

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that I could defintely have finished the shake by myself, it was delicious! I just shared cause I'm nice like that.

Sara said...

This sounds so good. On Friday night I ate at the restaurant where Marcel from Top Chef works. He was in the kitchen, and he still has the big hair :)

BlueToYou said...

mmmmm flavored mayonnaise...genius :)

Dewi said...

Hmmm, those two mayonnaise sounds so good.
Cheers,
Elra

Anonymous said...

I will definitely have to check it out - I'm in DC/va too!

Kamagra said...

Fast food restaurants are so common within the population, and it came to my curiosity to fact that everybody uses like 10 paper cups with tomatoes and mayonnaise.