Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

2/15/09

Pork with Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Olives & Capers

Remember how I promised you to write some cooking related posts this weekend? I'm here to deliver on that promise: I'm a girl of my word :)

When thinking about what to make for lunch yesterday, I wanted to use some of the marinated pork tenderloin cubes I had left over from testing Robyn's pork & grapes recipe and some cauliflower. I decided to go with a Mediterranean theme: Pork with Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Olives & Capers. There aren't really any amounts for this dish: it all depends on how much of each ingredient you want to use: play around with different proportions till you reach the taste you like.

Ingredients
pork tenderloin, cubed and marinated in garlic, salt & pepper, oregano, olive juice
cauliflower broken into florettes
kalamata olives, halved
cherry tomatoes, halved
capers
lemon juice
red pepper flakes
dill, chopped

Directions
1. In a stainless steel pan cook pork cubes until they are almost done and browned on all sides.
2. Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower florettes.
3. Add cauliflower florettes to the pork cubes, add tomatoes, olives, capers and a few "sprinkles" of lemon juice.
4. Adjust for seasoning with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
5. Serve with dill.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Looks delicious! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

It's so colorful! I like the Mediterranean theme.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. My husband is really into capers, so I bet he'd love this dish.

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Olga this is totally a Mediterranean delicious recipe ...pure colors!

Anonymous said...

looks so fresh and delicious!

dining table said...

I love the photo of the dish! I find it so delicious. Thanks for this one. Really nice!