Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

2/25/09

A Sandwich for Jenny: Brie, Roasted Pepper & Steak

Last week, my good friend Jenny came to town from NYC. The only time we had to see each other was Saturday night. Jenny is one of those super easy going people and was up for whatever. I suggested we should just hang out and have dinner at my apartment. She was fine with that plan.

When I asked Jenny what she wanted to have for dinner, she said it did not matter, she was easy :) Of course that wasn't super helpful. Then Jenny decided that she wanted babaganoush (an eggplant spread): I could do that! I thought it'd be fun to have dinner of a few dips, a sandwich and a super special dessert (can't reveal it till February 28th!).

For dips I made hummus and babaganoush. I also pan roasted asparagus and bought white wine. The star of the dinner, however was the Brie, Roasted Pepper & Steak Sandwich.

Ingredients and Directions
1. Slice a French baguette lengthwise and toast. Top the bread with pieces of brie and roasted red pepper.



2. Top the pepper with watercress and thinly sliced steak. Top with the other half of the French baguette.



If I say so myself, the sandwich was fabulous! I like the crunchiness of the bread paired with the buttery texture of brie. The juices from the pink steak mix in with the slightly bitter flavor of the watercress, and the red roasted pepper not only provides a bit of sweetness, but also a pretty color.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple and oh-so-delicious!

+Jessie

Anonymous said...

It looks beefylicious! Big yum!
I'm happy you're enjoying the steaks so much but.. but now, what are you gonna cook for ME when i come to visit!? :-P

Anonymous said...

YUM!! I came here after seeing your gorgeous DB forum photos, and my mouth instantly watered when I saw that sandwich! Lucky, lucky friend!

Zesty Cook said...

I have been craving this for a while now! - I love it

Peter M said...

YES...although the roasted red peppers are to die for...that steak is cooked to perf!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sandwich! Delicious!

Fahrenheit 350° said...

I came here after seeing your DB photos too! That looks fabulous - I agree with you!

Shelby said...

Very colorful! Looks delicious!

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Oh my goodness! Simple and a wonderful steak inside the baguette Mmmmmmm remember my chivitos :)

avesta said...

I love brie and use it in sandwiches and sauces all the time...the steak looks soooo good!

gaga said...

Mmm, what a great simple sandwich. Yum!

BlueToYou said...

i like everything but the red peppers (which i never like anyway). i challenge you to find me a recipe where i'll like roasted red peppers. i just don't normally ilke how sweet they are. :)