Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

4/14/09

Jenny's Famous Chicken Dip

Ever since I've known Jenny, her recipe for Chicken Dip has been something she's been known for (other than being an awesome friend and always bringing me soup/flowers/etc. after my break ups).

Finally (it only took me 7 years), I decided to make Jenny's Famous Chicken Dip over the weekend: and I must admit, I think Jenny would be proud of my results :) Too bad she's all the way in NYC.

Ingredients
1 cup mayo (Jenny recommended light, but I used regular)
1 cup salsa
1-2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded
zest and juice from 1 lime
chili powder to taste
1/2-1 cup red pepper, diced
1-1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped

Directions
1. Mix ingredients, refrigerate for a few hours, and enjoy! (I was tempted to eat the dip right after making it, but keeping it in the refrigerator really helped the flavors to mingle together.)
2. Serve with any kind of chips. (Jenny recommended the "hint of lime" and "scoops" varieties from Tostitos)



I liked this dip so much I had it for breakfast yesterday and will have it for lunch today. This is a great dish to bring for parties!

22 comments:

Dewi said...

Sounds really delicious Olga.
Cheers,
elra

The Duo Dishes said...

The lime juice in this sounds like a good add.

Unknown said...

THis is a good use for the salsa sitting in my cabinet. Dont remember what I bought it for anymore ;). Looking forward to trying this out.

Anonymous said...

This does sound like a great dip! Love the pink color!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS NOT JENNY'S RECIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s

-Sarah

Jen said...

sarah is peeved cause she was the original finder of the recipe at a picnic in college. I, however, brought the joy of chicken dip to BLS and DC. I get credit. HA.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Good Gosh your blog is so amazing. I just found it and you have so many recipes I am so excited to try some. Thank you so much

The Purple Carrot said...

Yum!!

sj said...

I'd never thought of a chicken "dip" before... but now reading this... omg YUM! That sounds really excellent! And unique! How cool is that? Thanks Olga! :D

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, no one thinks you're funny enough to make something that ugly and give it such an unappealing name. It's mine and you know it. It's the one think I know how to make aside from cereal.

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

That looks so yummy! Do you think it would be as good without the cheese though?

Chef Fresco said...

Yum - chips and dip are my favorite snack. I just might have to try this!

Pearl said...

hi there! that chicken dip looks incredible! and you are so gorgeous!
i found your blog through another's and was hoping to add you to my blogroll... i'd love to read more of your posts! :)

alice said...

This looks delish. I wonder what it would be like with cream cheese instead of mayo??

Simones Kitchen said...

This is a great recipe!! And you can think of so many variations to this that it makes me want to make some right now!

recipes2share said...

What a pretty colour it is - love the accompanying chips - look like flower petals!

lisaiscooking said...

This looks like it could be very addictive!

Anonymous said...

mmm! lovely recipe that you can whip up in a flash to serve unexpected guests...or just for yourself! such a nice color...impressive!

Meg said...

What a delicious dip! YUM!

The Blonde Duck said...

Is it bad if I want to eat JUST this for dinner?

Sara said...

Sounds delicious and perfect to take to parties.

BlueToYou said...

mmm that looks awesome! have you considered cream cheese instead of mayo? i wonder if it would be good?