Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

4/10/09

Updated Greek Salad

You might have noticed I haven't done too much cooking in a while...or at least nothing special to blog about. I thought I'd share this salad with you though, because it's a fun play on the traditional Greek Salad.

I am not going to bother with putting exact amounts for the ingredients: it all depends on how much of each you want to include.

Updated Greek Salad

Ingredients
cherry tomatoes, halved
English cucumber, halved and sliced thinly
hearts of Palm, sliced
black olives, halved
green pepper, cubed
red onion, sliced thinly
feta, crumbled
olive oil
salt & pepper
red wine vinegar


Directions
1. Mix all vegetables together in a bowl.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Add feta. Season with salt and pepper. Mix again.
3. Serve on its own or with grilled chicken or fish.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I love hearts of palm, would have never thought to add them to greek salad!

Unknown said...

All those veggies remind me of summer! I have never put hearts of palm in one of my salads. I'll try it! :)

Lauri Strawberry said...

Mmm that looks yummy! Can't wait to make it!

recipes2share said...

nice to hear from you - salad looks springlike and colourful!

Peter M said...

The salad looks good Olga! For an authentic Greek salad, nix the hearts of palm, add dry Greek oregano and and it's just like in Greece!

The Purple Carrot said...

YUM! : )

Creative Classroom Core said...

What great photos!
I love Greek salad, and yours looks incredible!
Thanks for sharing!

BlueToYou said...

oo! great ideas! and looks so fresh! what a great summer salad.