Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

4/11/09

Vegas: Cafe Baba Reeba

Here's a quick recap of our first meal in Vegas: Happy Hour at Cafe Baba Reeba.

My plane landed early, but then we were made to sit on the ground (ok, we were inside the plane, but the plane was on the ground) for almost an hour. By the time I finally got my bags, took a shuttle to the hotel and met up with Lera and Anna we were starving! Luckily, Cafe Baba Reeba was within five minutes of our hotel and had Happy Hour specials!

We started with sangria, which came in at least 5 different flavors, and then followed up with a bunch of tapas. I thought the food was good, but my super food-picky-friends thought it was rather mediocre. But we agreed on the merits of the sangria. By the way, you can see Lera in the first photo :)

We started with complimentary bread and olive oil followed by stuffed figs wrapped in bacon. I think that was one of our favorite choices!

We then had fried calamari (yum!) and chicken skewers. I must say the portions were rather on a tiny side!

I feel that we also might have ordered a few other small plates, but my memory is not exact now.

Would I recommend this place? Sure, but don't go in with really high expectations. What are your favorite tapas?

7 comments:

Sara said...

This place was on my list last time we went to Vegas, but we never made it there. Those figs look great.

Unknown said...

Ummm...the bacon wrapped figs sound like a yummy combo!

The Purple Carrot said...

Looks delicious!! I bet Vegas was tons of fun!! : )

Jude said...

I'm guessing Lera already had a few sangrias when that photo was taken :)

My favorite tapas are gambas al ajillo and patatas bravas.

Sara said...

Its hard to disagree about the merits of sangria...

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I too love fried calamari even though I try to avoid fried foods. I've never been to Vegas. Thanks for taking us along.
Sam

BlueToYou said...

i'm glad you had a good time in vegas! next time, i wanna see a pic of you throwing some dice!