Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

4/9/09

Vegas: Dim Sum

Here's another long-awaited write up of where I dined while in Las Vegas.

Most of the places we ate at were directly on the strip. One of Anna's friends, however, recommended we go off the beaten path to Chang's Hong Kong Cuisine for dim sum. We took a cab there and walked on the way back (we needed the walk to work off some of the calories from our brunch!).

I love dim sum and have had great dim sum in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and DC. I was curious to see what Las Vegas had to offer. Anna's friend Jen happened to be in Vegas at the same times and joined us! There were 4 hungry girls ready to eat!

First we tried the typical shrimp and pork dumplings. Delicious!

We then ordered meat balls and greens! I love the greens they serve at dim sum, and eating them makes me feel like I'm doing something healthy :)

I've never had eggplant at dim sum restaurants, but absolutely loved it! The scallion balls were just okay.

BBQ pork buns are some of my favorite things to order while at dim sum restaurant, and these did not disappoint. Lera saved one of the buns and carried it all the way back to the hotel, where it sat in the refrigerator till the next day :) Lera also encouraged us to order taro dim sum. I was a bit skeptical, but absolutely loved it: it's like a starchier version of potato, and I love potatoes!

The meal was only $10 each! If you are in Vegas, definitely visit this restaurant.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks delicious, especially the pork dumplings!

Nazarina A said...

My Goodness! What a visually pleasing spread! You have it all girl! traveling and 5 star cuisine!

Simones Kitchen said...

I love dimsum too! And these look great. Sounds like you had a wonderful time there.

Bradpetehoops said...

Delicious! Philippine Mangoes (Guimaras and Zambales) are so good. Philippines cherry tomatoes are good taste.

BlueToYou said...

wow, only 10 bucks? awesome!