Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

5/5/09

Cold Soup: Gazpacho

Last week the weather was hot, and I did not feel like cooking. But I'm a girl who likes to eat, so skipping dinner was out of the question. My mom suggested I make cold soup, and I thought it was a great idea. I decided to make a variation of gazpacho (usually made with cucumbers, tomatoes and bread).

Gazpacho

Ingredients
2 large tomatoes, quartered
1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 vidalia onion
1/3 cup dill
3 tablespoons Oikos plain Greek yogurt
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 lemon, juiced

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth.
2. Adjust the seasonings and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

This was a really refreshing and bright soup! It'd be an excellent way to start any summer meal, or can be simply served with bread and a side salad. The yogurt added a bit of creaminess and body to an otherwise light soup. You can also drizzle the soup with a bit of extra virgin olive oil.

What are your favorite cold summer soups?

10 comments:

Shelby said...

My favorite is a fruit soup...Yumm! Your Gazpacho looks delish also!

Anonymous said...

Yummy and easy to make! Sounds wonderful with the Greek yogurt!

Dewi said...

Sounds refreshing and summery!

Unknown said...

Great idea, especially for the weather last week. It was so hot!

Juliana said...

Love the cold soup idea, now that the hod days are approaching. .Sounds really yummie

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

One my favorite Spanish soups...like a lot of the idea the Greek yogurt! Yummylicious :)

Chef Fresco said...

Mmm I love all your recipes! I like the addition of the Greek yogurt too, I've been wanting to try cooking with it

Simones Kitchen said...

I love gazpacho! It's also my favorite in terms of cold soup. In fact it's the only cold soup I ever eat, now that I think about it..:)

lisaiscooking said...

I love tomatoes with dill, and the yogurt sounds great here too!

gaga said...

I've never had gazpacho before. I'm not sure I'd like a cold soup but I'm willing to give it a try.