Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

5/19/09

Salmon, Cream Cheese & Vegetable Omelet

I love bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. But this past Saturday I wanted to make something slightly more elaborate for breakfast. At first I thought of making an English muffin sandwich with cream cheese, smoked salmon and a poached egg, but certain people don't like poached eggs...fine :)

Instead I made Salmon, Cream Cheese & Vegetable Omelet.




Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 large white onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
4 eggs
a few splashes of milk
smoked salmon
1 tablespoon capers
spinach leaves, cut into strips
cream cheese
salt & pepper
English muffins, toasted


Directions
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Saute onions and peppers till they soften and slightly brown.
2. Whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg/milk mixture over the eggs and let it set.
3. When the eggs are almost set, top them them smoked salmon, spinach, capers and dollops of cream cheese. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Serve with toasted English muffins.

Delicious! You can make the same omelet with added tomatoes, olives, zucchini or any other vegetables. This will be good served at room temperature for brunch.

23 comments:

sj said...

oh wow does that look good... fresh and delicious! Nice one Olga :)

The Blonde Duck said...

That's my kind of omelet!

Anonymous said...

Delicious omelet with smoked salmon! I love the spinach leaves and capers here too!

Dewi said...

My son will love to have omelette with smoke salmon, the capers will make him crazy. he loves capers so much, that he puts this little berries thing on most of his cooking. So, I have piles of capers in my pantry, it a must according to him. I'll show him this recipe!

The Duo Dishes said...

We assumed all the good stuff would be mixed into this omelette, but it's kinda cool to sprinkle everything on top, so nothing sinks to the bottom.

Unknown said...

That looks really good Olga! I bet the capers were a nice touch too!

Simones Kitchen said...

Oooo, that so looks worth the wait (as in the time you kept me waiting for this to be posted...lol) It looks lovely! It's like a giant bagel but without the bagel... sort of.. It must have tasted fantastic!

Unknown said...

I love this flavor combination. It is totally my kind of thing :)

pigpigscorner said...

Looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yum period.

Chef Fresco said...

I had my first salmon omelet at a breakfast nook a couple weekends ago & loved it! It had goat cheese instead of cream. Yours looks delicious! I like the capers addition too :)

Passionate Eater said...

Have a great time in Chicago! I actually rented a car when I went there, but it seems that as long as you go to a hot dog stand with "Vienna" hot dogs, you will do well by Chicago standards. You definitely need to get all the toppings (sans ketchup) and the poppy seed bun. There is a Portillo's in downtown Chicago that is easily accessible by public transportation, and they have great hot dogs and Italian beef. Hot Doug's (my fave) is not as easily accessible though, as the people that I was waiting in line with actually took a cab to get there. SuperDawg seemed like it was almost in a suburban area. You might check out if Wiener's Circle is easy to get to, it was in a cute, college-looking neighborhood. But definitely, Portillo's is on the "El" line, I think.

Unknown said...

Yeah. It was delicious. Believe me!

gaga said...

That's a beautiful omelette. It's got all my favorite breakfast flavors, yum!

Anonymous said...

home run from the view over here!

debt statute of limitations said...

It's great to see a blog of this quality. I learned a lot of new things and I'm looking forward to see more like this. Thank you.

reputable credit repair companies said...

I like the valuable information that you have provided in this blog post. I’ll bookmark your website. I have learned many new things here.

credit repair lawyers said...

I've enjoyed it. It is a amazing. Thanks for your sharing.

get facebook fans said...

I’m so glad I come upon this blog! A lot of helpful information I actually needed to know these stuff, I had a hard time with those foreign characters. Thanks so much.

Judgement Credit Report said...

Great job does that look good... fresh and delicious!

Carpet cleaning Sacramento said...

I really enjoy reading the post, thanks for sharing I really like it, I already bookmarked it, thank you guys.

Blind Brokers Network said...

It looks so yummy - hopes to see more updates very soon.

Creer une societe a Hong Kong said...

Ooooh! I am going to have to try these! look so yummy!