Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

6/11/09

Boiled Potatoes with Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions

potatoes, mushrooms, onion, russian, garlic
Hi, all!

I was trying to figure out what I can write about today, and remembered that I've never published the picture above. That's a photo of one of my favorite meals from my childhood: Boiled Potatoes with Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions.

There is no recipe per say. All you do is boil some potatoes (it's better to boil them in their skins, and then peel and cube later). Then you saute a variety of mushrooms with sliced onions and garlic till everything is soft and browned. Add the mushroom/onion mixture on top of boiled potatoes, drizzle with sunflower oil and garnish with dill. Of course don't forget to season with salt and pepper.

14 comments:

The Hungry Mouse said...

Oh that looks heavenly! I'll bet a little bacon would be fabulous in there (I have bacon on the brain lately). Sigh...so much food, so little time!

+Jessie

Shelby said...

Looks delicious! I agree with Jessie on the bacon!

Justin said...

i love dill and potatoes together -- i have a really good recipe for it served over pasta, believe it or not

Leslie said...

looks great to me...nothing like a good childhood memory in food

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

I understand why is favorite meals of your childhood a simple and delicious dish!

Sauteed mushrooms and onions is always a savory treat for me.

Cheers,

Gera

Simones Kitchen said...

Ah... that is just a mixture that can go with anything almost I would say (almost like mayonaise..lol)

lisaiscooking said...

That is simply delicious! The mushrooms look fantastic, and the added dill sounds great.

Dewi said...

I can literally live on this type of meal. Look so delicious Olga. Mushroom is also my favorite.

Karen said...

Mmmm, sauteed mushrooms and onions, Hadn't thought about putting them over potatoes, but I can think of many variations already.

And thanks for the help with the template. It worked great.

Unknown said...

I bet its delicious. Potatoes are a major comfort food for me :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

wow,comfort food!!! I bet it's really really good..

Anonymous said...

Yum, one of my favorites too!

gail said...

What a great idea!!! It makes perfect sense, and you are so very clever :)

BlueToYou said...

this is an unexpectedly fabulous idea for dinner (unexpectedly for the ingredients, fabulous for the chef who came up with it).