Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

6/6/09

Potato, Egg, Cucumber & Dill Salad

Even though I don't understand it, I know that many people are not fans of mayonnaise. How is that possible?

I love mayonnaise. On sandwiches, in salads, added to cold mashed potatoes, etc.

Here's a recipe for potato salad that doesn't have mayonnaise, and instead uses sunflower oil. This will be great for your summer picnics. Enjoy.

Potato, Egg, Cucumber & Dill Salad

Ingredients (use equal amount of potatoes and cucumbers and about 1 egg/person)
potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled in salted water
cucumbers, cubed
eggs, boiled, peeled, cubed
dill, chopped
salt/pepper
sunflower oil

Directions
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl.
2. Drizzle sunflower oil on top, season with salt and pepper and mix.
3. Let the salad sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can eat it warm.

14 comments:

The Hungry Mouse said...

Love potato salad w/o mayo. Yours looks so yummy. :D Makes me want to go on a picnic.

+Jessie

Unknown said...

I love mayonaise, but being that its high in calories, I sometimes substitue it with greek yogurt. Even though you didn't use mayo (or greek yogurt), this potato salad looks surprisingly creamy :).

Shelby said...

Your potato salad looks and sounds refreshing! Love the dill.

Dewi said...

Your Potato, Egg, Cucumber & Dill Salad sounds so scrumptious, love the dill in there.

♥peachkins♥ said...

hmmnn. this is a different way to do potato salad..healthier than that with mayo

Lele said...

Hah, I am one of the mayo haters, although I can handle potato salad as long as it isn't DRENCHED in mayo. However, I have a longtime love of Greek-style potato salad, which is dressed with olive oil and vinegar as well as fresh oregano. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Simones Kitchen said...

Ok, how can you not love mayonaise? I love mayonaise and used to put in on virtually everything I ate, untill I realized that wasn't gonna work if I didn't want to end up looking like a huge mayonaise jar myself... :)) Homemade mayonaise is the best though! (plus very easy and cheap to make)
Can I just make this WITH mayonaise then?

Chef Fresco said...

Mmm looks very refreshing! I like the use of sunflower oil too!

coco said...

ironically, i just left a plea for a non-mayo potato salad recipe. then, i swing by Fritter. for the most part, I love mayo. However, for summer events, not having to worry about how long it has been out, how to protect the mayo version etc is the way to go. So great to find a way to enjoy the event and the food.

janet said...

That looks lovely and healthy! I usually avoid commercial mayo because it's full of genetically modified soy and preservatives.So I will definately be trying yours, Thanks!

Carrie said...

I'm one of those people who hates mayo, so I love to find potato/pasta salads without it. This looks so refreshing to me!

BlueToYou said...

i love mayo, especially duke's mayo! this is a great recipe and a bit safer than mayo for a picnic on a hot summer's day.

Anonymous said...

A potato salad with mayonnaise is nonexistent at our house. Thankfully, my husband does like certain dishes with the soy one I use (nayonnaise) and of course he never seems to mind a homemade one - hmmm....

Sara said...

I really only like home-made mayo so I usually go for potato salads w/o it.

This one sounds pretty great!