Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

8/13/09

Grilled Zucchini with Sofregit

I'm not sure why, but ever since I've come back from Seattle, I've been insanely tired. Last night I was planning on going dancing and had to make something quick for dinner. I decided to grill some zucchini to go along with Sofregit.

Sofregit (recipe adapted from Jose Andres)
Ingredients
2 tablespoons oilive oil
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bay leaf
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano

Directions
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add all ingredients and cook for about an hour till they are soft.
Note: I had this part of the recipe made a day before. It's really good either cold or hot and can be served over pasta, with eggs, or over fish.

Grilled Zucchini
Ingredients
1-2 zucchini, per person
olive oil
salt & pepper

Directions
1. Since I don't have a grill, I used my George Foreman grill. Heat the grill.
2. Meanwhile, cut off the ends from the zucchini and cut them into planks lengthwise.
3. Brush the zucchini planks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Grill zucchini for 8 minutes using George Foreman grill. (I am not exactly sure how long it'll take on a regular grill).


Ladle some of the Sofregit in a bowl and top off with grilled zucchini (I built a mini tower). If you have cheese, feel free to add some on top. Same goes for fresh herbs (I, alas, did not have any on hand).

This was a very light and delicious dinner. It can also be served as an appetizer or for lunch with a piece of fish.

Dancing did not happen.

15 comments:

chow and chatter said...

yummy my kind of dish so healthy

Simones Kitchen said...

Ah... light and lovely. My favorite kind (well at the moment although my goal to lose some kilo's before the holiday is kind of down the drain anyway... :))

Dewi said...

A friend of mine just over me to pick up some of hers in the garden. I like to grill this too. And serving it with simple tomato sauce such a super idea. YUM!

Delicious Dishings said...

That definitely looks light... and very summery... I'm sure I'd love it!

Sorry you didn't make it out to go dancing... we all have those kind of nights.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What wonderful color. I love light meals during the summer. This one sounds delicious.

Angie's Recipes said...

Definitely worth a try! It looks light, nutritious, and delicious!
Angie's Recipes

The Duo Dishes said...

Great grill marks on those zukes. That's not easy to do!

Sara said...

This looks delicious and so summery!

Carolyn Jung said...

I've been getting tired of just grilled zukes with olive oil and balsamic. Thanks for giving me a new way to enjoy them.

gail said...

So lovely!

Lisa said...

I love your veggie take using Jose's sofregit. Not only does it look beautiful with all those colors, but it looks soo tasty, and as mentioned above, light..enough so that you can pig out and not worry ;D Great job as always, Olga!

Anonymous said...

Loving this light and delicious dish!

test it comm said...

What a tasty way to enjoy some zucchini!

BlueToYou said...

love the presentation and photos. :)

Marian said...

Desde España un saludo de una seguidora de Jose Andrés -...

exquisitas tus recetas ,,

saludos