Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

11/25/09

Warm Bulgur & Lentil Salad

While I'm on vacation, I thought I'd share with you a few recipes I have developed for Robyn's Blog. Here's one of them: Bulgur & Lentil Warm Salad.

Bulgur, for those that don’t know, is a form of wheat that has been parboiled and broken into smaller particles. Bulgur is popular in Turkish, Middle Eastern and Indian cuisines, and is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You cook bulgur in the same way as cous cous: put dry bulgur in a bowl, top with boiling water, cover, let stand for 5-10 minutes and fluff with a fork. In case there is extra water, drain bulgur in a fine mesh before fluffing it with a fork.

Ingredients for 2-4 servings
1 cup cooked bulgur
1 cup cooked lentils
1 carrot, finely diced and sauteed in oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
olive oil
smoked sea salt
pepper
1. Combine everything in a salad bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with smoked sea salt and pepper.
2. This salad is best served warm. It can be a meal in itself or accompany grilled meat, roasted chicken or steamed fish.
Variations: you can always add red onions, roasted peppers and a few splashes of lemon juice to this salad. Use this recipe as a template and experiment with different flavors.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family and friends tomorrow!

13 comments:

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Healthy and yummy salad. An ideal match with grilled meat :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cheers,

Gera

Delicious Dishings said...

I eventually need to try cooking bulgur. I'll keep this in mind.

I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!!

sj said...

That looks so yummy!

Happy Thanksgiving beautiful :)

*hugs*

Jhonny walker said...

O my..this is GORGEOUS. Just has your touch.

By the way I have left an award for you at my place...just to show you how much I like your recipes and cooking style!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love the second photo!

Lea Ann said...

Beautiful photos and this sounds so delicious and healthy. Thanks for the post.

Unknown said...

I like this. This is a new use for bulgar wheat for me. I use it to make tabouli salad, which is an absolute favourite of mine. Have a wonderful thanksgiving *kisses* HH

Erica said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Olga! That salad looks fantastic. I love the pictures.

pigpigscorner said...

I like how it's warm...looks so good!

The Purple Carrot said...

I've been seeing lentils a lot recently and now I think I'm craving them ... your bulgar and lentil salad looks great!

Simones Kitchen said...

That looks very healthy and delicious! Probably just the thing I need right now...lol

gail said...

Gotta love lentils!

Guren said...

I just tried this recipe, followed the exact instructions and added some red onions too. I forced myself to eat few spoons and just could not take it anymore.

I'm sorry to say this tastes absolutely horrible. I wouldn't recommend making it.