Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

12/28/09

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I've had a bag of Brussels sprouts sitting in my refrigerator for more than a week. For some reason I just did not feel like cooking it. But then I'm also getting tired of throwing away food, so a few days ago I forced myself to cook the Brussels sprouts.

The easiest and most delicious way to cook these mini-cabbage looking things, in my opinion, is to roast them.

Note: see the pretty copper dish below? My friend Radha gave it to me for our holiday gift exchange. How adorable is it!? I think you'll be seeing it quite a bit.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Gorgonzola

Ingredients
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cherry balsamic vinegar (use plain balsamic vinegar if that's the only one you have)
salt & pepper
Gorgonzola

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 475.

2. Combine Brussels sprouts with olive oil, cherry balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.

3. Roast the vegetables on a aluminum foil lined cookie sheet (in one layer) for 30 minutes.

4. Serve the Brussels sprouts topped with Gorgonzola.

As soon as the cheese hits the Brussels sprouts, it starts to melt: ooh so good. The dish is great served hot or even at room temperature.

What's your favorite way of cooking Brussels sprouts?

21 comments:

Shaw Girl said...

I love, love, love brussels sprouts! I roast them all the time but never thought to add balsamic vinegar to them! I'm definitely going to give this a try.

Jhonny walker said...

Can you believe it? I have never made brussel sprout! although I drool over the pictures of roasted sprouts! This one is amazing..and simple sounding too!!

Thanks

CookEatLove said...

This looks amazing. I will try it soon!

Sasha said...

I'm not a big fan of Brussels sprouts but put Gorgonzola on anything and I'll eat it.

P.S: Thanks for your comment about my picture of the inside of Ghang!

Velva said...

I know brussels sprouts are a love em or hate em vegetable...But, I love them! Roasted is the best way. I never thought to add blue cheese-A creative way to enjoy. Thanks.

Happy New Year to you.

Thistlemoon said...

Roasted is yummy! I love the gorgonzola too!

Simones Kitchen said...

O this looks really good Olga. I have always hated Brussels Sprouts but recently I have come to realize that that might not be the fault of the sprouts itself but more my mom's cooking... :) So I have decided that 2010 is gonna be the year that I will re-discover brussels sprouts and roasting them is probably a good idea!

Lauren said...

Ooo, Olga! These look heavenly =D. I just started to love brussels sprouts and love trying them all sorts of ways!

msdewberry said...

Roasting is one of my favorite things to do to Brussel Sproats. I just never thought to add gorganzola cheese to the finished product!! I'll have to try that, these look amazingly good!

♥peachkins♥ said...

Happy New Year Olga!

Delicious Dishings said...

Ooh this recipe looks good! I love brussels sprouts. I usually trim them and cut them in half and saute them in olive oil with salt and pepper or a seasoning mix I have called Splash. (http://www.amazon.com/Splash-Grinder-Cape-Spice-Company/dp/B000FEYI2M)

Lauren said...

I love brussel sprouts! I like the grate them and then roast- they get nice and crispy and nutty. Great tossed with some pasta and gorgonzola cream sauce.

That little pot is too cute! Love it!

Esi said...

I'm pretty obsessed with roasted brussels sprouts lately. Love the addition of gorgonzola to this.

Anonymous said...

These are a favorite of mine and the addition of cheese can only make them more desirable for me! YUM!

Kathleen said...

I totally agree with you about roasting be the best way to cook brussel sprouts. It's my fav anyway. I love how you added the blue cheese at the end. I will definitely have to make this addition to mine next time I make them. Thanks for sharing, ;D

Teri @ Make A Whisk said...

I've only recently gotten to try Brussels sprouts, but I had the chance to try roasted ones at a pot luck dinner, and they were pretty amazing, actually. Who knew?

I think I'll be trying this recipe soon--especially since I've got a chunk of Gorgonzola hanging out in my refrigerator.

Erica said...

Beautiful pictures, Olga!Happy new year!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

I think I will steal your recipe for tonights dinner :)

Have a very Happy New Year!

Margot

Akila said...

Yummy! I have just recently gotten into brussel sprouts after I realized how fantastic they are when they are sauteed to a deep golden brown with a sprinkling of parmigiano reggiano. Love the idea of roasting them with gorgonzola. I will have to do that next time!

The Purple Foodie said...

I love how wonderfully caramelised the brussels sprouts look!

rosasdolcevita said...

I just came across your blog and found this recipe. I will be trying it soon. It sounds absolutely devine and so simple to make! Thanks for sharing!