Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

10/18/09

Virgin POM Mojito

Morning, world.

It's gray and cold outside, but at least it stopped raining.

Remember how I told you about receiving 8 mini POM bottles from Kristen, the P♥M blogger? Well, not only did I use the juice to flavor water and to add as a glaze to brownies, I also made a Virgin POM Mojito with it last week.

Why virgin? Because despite being Russian, I don't really drink much (you know, the stereotypes and all?). Plus, I did not have any alcohol at home other than white wine.

It's best to use a tall glass for this Virgin POM Mojito so that the mint settles on the bottom and you can enjoy the bubbly combination of Perrier and the sweet/tart flavor of POM.

All of my tall glasses, however, are green, blue and purple, so I decided to use a wine glass instead to take photographs.

Justify Full




Ingredients for 1 drink

1 lemon wedge
sugar
2 tablespoons mint
1/2 cup POM
1/2 cup Perrier


Directions

1. "Paint" the rim of your glass with a lemon wedge. Dip it in sugar.
2. Put the mint on the bottom of the glass and using the handle of a wood spoon, bruise the leaves to release the flavor.
3. Top the mint leaves with POM juice and Perrier. Drink immediately.









9 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

love the look of that Mojito!

Sasha said...

I love the photos! Very pretty.
POM is delicious.

Rose said...

Great idea! Pom & mint definitely work!

gaga said...

I love mojitos. Pom sounds fabulous!

Unknown said...

i'd add some white wine for an instant sangria

Simones Kitchen said...

That looks lovely! And good choice to put this in a wineglass instead of those lovely colored glasses...lol

Juliana said...

Oh! What a nice presentation...love the taste of mint in mojitos...

Jhonny walker said...

I am an Indian-- and yet love alchohol-- stereotypes..you know that jazz :)
This looks really neat. I am gonna add some bacardi or better vodka to it and make a great drink sometime this week
Good going

Also I love your blog in general. Nice recipes and great presentations to boot

BlueToYou said...

way clever drink idea!