Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

4/20/09

Lamb Sausage, Fresh Mozzarella & Arugula Sandwich

Last Thursday I made dinner entirely from the ingredients I bought at the farmer's market (other than olive oil).

I really think that sometimes sandwich is an excellent idea for dinner! But it has to be a rather special sandwich, not your typical PB& J. In the past I've made Brie, Roasted Pepper & Steak Sandwich, Tilapia, Avocado & Tomato Sandwich (Radha's favorite!) and Smoked Salmon & Brie Sandwich.

I think my newest creation, Lamb Sausage, Fresh Mozzarella & Arugula Sandwich is an excellent addition to your sandwich repertoire.

Ingredients
sourdough bread, sliced, toasted
garlic clove, peeled
olive oil
fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
fresh arugula
spicy sausage, cooked and crumbled

Directions
1. Rub toasted slices of bread with garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Add fresh arugula, mozzarella slices and top with sausage.
3. Add a few more leaves of arugula and then top with the second slice of bread.

This was SUCH a delicious combination! The bread was slightly sour and spicy due to the garlic. The mozzarella melted in my mouth, while the arugula provided a bit of bitterness. The sausage was spicy and savory: I'm glad I went with the spicy variety instead of plain.



Please forgive the poor photo quality: it was 7 pm at night.

What's your idea of a great sandwich for dinner?

15 comments:

sj said...

Looks amazing Olga! Yummy :)

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Olga just go for lunch...I wish I've it right now. No matter the quality of the pic...yummmm!!
A perfect combo of flavors :)

Happy Monday!
Gera

Unknown said...

Your sandwich is making my mouth water! I like the lamb sausage idea. I don't I have ever had a sandwich with Lamb, kinda surprising since it is like my most favorite meat ever. :)

BlueToYou said...

i love the idea. i rarely think of sausage on a sandwich!

Unknown said...

Gread idea, I love the look of all that cheese :D.

The Duo Dishes said...

Never would've thought to pair lamb with mozzarella. Genius.

The Purple Carrot said...

That looks delicious, Olga!! My favorite sandwhich for dinner is some type of burger, probably a turky burger with hummus ... yum!

Sara said...

Sounds so good! I like to do paninis or croque madames for dinner.

Simones Kitchen said...

I am a real 'sandwich-person' so I would go for all kinds of sandwiches for dinner! I just can't help but love bread. It's so versatile! This sounds like a lovely sandwich!

Anonymous said...

I love that sandwich - lamb sausage sounds good. And arugula :)

Jude said...

Lamb sausage was so amazing the first time I tried it. It was called merguez.

Carrie said...

This sandwich looks delicious! I really like the idea of crumbled sausage on a sandwich.

The Hungry Mouse said...

Whoa. Looks great!

+Jessie

Unknown said...

Yum! Love everything about this sandwich!

Keri said...

Yes, Yes, and Yes. This looks awesome and delicious. Wow factor is about a 10. Keri