Back to Home About Mango & Tomato Contact MePublicity & News Hire Me!Portfolio

7/20/09

Panko Crusted Pork

I'm so happy I don't keep kosher. Because if I did, how would I be able to eat all the wonderful pork products? Right, I would not.

When it comes to cooking pork, however, I've had my share of struggles. Finally, however, I have managed to cook a perfect pork tenderloin (idea 1, idea 2, idea 3). But those are pretty expensive. This time, I decided to experiment with Panko Crusted Pork.

Ingredients
flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup Panko crumbs
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
2 boneless center cut porkchops (about 1 inch thick)
sunflower oil

Directions
1. Set up shallow wide bowls: first one with seasoned flour, the second one with the beaten egg, and the third with panko crumbs and Parmesan.
2. Pat your porkchops dry with a paper towel, then dip them into flour (both sides!) and shake off the excess flour.
3. Dip the chops into the egg mixture and then into the panko/Parmesan mixture.
4. Meanwhile, heat sunflower oil in a stainless steal pan (do no use non-stick).
5. Cook porkchops for 4 minutes on each side (do not feel tempted to move them around!!!). Let them rest for at least 5 minutes.
NOTE: the pork will still be slightly pink inside!

I was insanely pleased with how the pork came out! Juicy, flavorful, crispy on the outside!!! I served the porkchops on top of a lettuce/tomato/cucumber/red onion/cilantro salad.

If you have any other wonderful ideas for cooking boneless porkchops, please share them!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pork looks so juicy! Every tie I try to make pork it turns out so dry.

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Fascinating and heavenly-crispy for my taste. A golden pork pleasure :)

Cheers,

Gera

Kristen said...

Nothing better than some crispy pork chops, I bet it tastes great on top of the salad, looks delicious!

Dewi said...

Yummy!
I like using panko then the regular bread crumb.

Simones Kitchen said...

I love a good piece of pork! The problem is that over here it's really hard to find a good piece of pork-meat. The stuff they sell in the supermarkets is really terrible; dry and squaky when you eat it. I have to go Amsterdam to get a proper piece of porkmeat! But I will definitely be keeping this in mind for next time. Love crispy outsides!

Leslie said...

I always always always brine my pork beofre cooking it. It makes all the differance in the world.
Talk about juicy and never dry!!!
I also love anything in panko! yum

Angie's Recipes said...

I like to use fresh bread crumbs to coat the food before frying too...extra crisp and crunchy

Angie's Recipes

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really looks delicious. This is very similar - sans the cheese of course - to Japanese tonkatsu. I'll bet this was good.

Teri @ Make A Whisk said...

We LOVE these Stuffed Pork Chops. Make them all the time!

http://makeawhisk.com/2009/06/sweet-cornbread-stuffed-pork-chops/

Delicious Dishings said...

This looks so good... perfectly cooked pork with added crunch. And I love that it's the perfect amount for dinner for two!

I have an interesting recipe for pork chops with leeks and mustard sauce (from Bon Appetit) on my blog... it calls for bone-in but would be fine with boneless too.

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love eating pork and your pork looks really tasty. It looks crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!

Justin said...

i love panko-crusted anything. seriously, crust my sneaker in panko and i'd probably eat it.

The Duo Dishes said...

Panko is one of the our new fave finds. We haven't used it on pork yet, but it did a great job on chicken. Love it.

chow and chatter said...

great salad I know not to have any food restrictions is a gift!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! So many people are afraid of pink pork that they dry it out...a shame.

figtree said...

I dont cook alot of pork, this recipe has convinced me to give it a try this weekend. Your photo makes me drool!!Figtreeapps

figtree said...

What a great idea! I just made a savory parfait! I will certainly give these a try!!Figtreeapps

Anita said...

That looks super crispy and lovely and moist. Great work!

pigpigscorner said...

THe pork looks perfectly cooked! Love panko crust.

Cookie said...

I've just discovered Panko and this sounds like a great recipe!

avesta said...

the pork looks amazing and on the salad...bonus!!!!

Juliana said...

Wow, love the addition of Parmesan cheese...I can almost taste it, yummie! Great pictures!

BlueToYou said...

mmm pork! i have a recipe I should give you! looks beautiful and i love eating savory things on top of salad!

Jude said...

Reminds me of Japanese katsudon, something I haven't had in a long time.
Looks perfectly cooked and pink on the inside. Just how I like it, but other people get nervous with that.